Connect With Us:
- VIDEO: Violent protests mar Brazil match
- VIDEO: Lloyds Bank to return to private hands
- Microsoft U-turn in Xbox games row
- Serena sorry for quotes on US rape
- Bank governor to be made Lord King
- Violent protests mar Brazil match
- Work Programme 'not doing enough'
- FBI uses surveillance drones in US
- Fed maintains pace of asset purchase
- Obama calls for nuclear arsenal cuts
The Morant Bay Rebellion (October 11 1865)
A local riot, the Morant Bay rebellion was a confrontation between men and women led by Paul Bogle against local colonial authorities in Jamaica. The rebellion was a signal event in Jamaica's struggle for self-determination and socio-economic justice. Over 400 black Jamaicans died as a result of reprisals by British troops.
Subscribe to UWI History Society