Connect With Us:
- UK inflation rate falls to 2.4%
- Family urges domestic violence probe
- Bell passed fit for England Test
- Doors co-founder Ray Manzarek dies
- Games numbers 50% below target
- Griffiths & Watt in Scotland squad
- VIDEO: 'First crane egg in 400 years'
- Exams system must split, says Gove
- We're not sneering, says Cameron
- Is Apple's tax avoidance rational?
The Morant Bay Rebellion (October 11 1865)
A local riot, the Morant Bay rebellion was a confrontation between men and women led by Paul Bogle against local colonial authorities in Jamaica. The rebellion was a signal event in Jamaica's struggle for self-determination and socio-economic justice. Over 400 black Jamaicans died as a result of reprisals by British troops.
Subscribe to UWI History Society